Monday, August 2, 2010

The Final Countdown...


visited 39 states (78%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

We're so close! It's time for mommy to share a bit ... a few anecdotes:

1) Today, the postman rang the doorbell, to ask me how many dozens of postcards we had received. I hadn't discussed the project with him, he just picked up on it. That amused me! I suppose I could count...but we'll save that for the end. I'm already suspicious that they aren't going to fit into the photo album I bought to hold them.

2) My favorite part of this project is how so many of you are so enthusiastic about it! I kind of thought it would be annoying, that you would see it as a chore - but instead you are sending multiple cards and enlisting friends! We are touched by your support. One family member on a cross-country road trip has sent the girls a postcard from every state they've driven through, which has added an extra map-learning experience for us! And everyone's messages are so fun! The girls are learning from the facts and your explanations of who you are or how you are connected to us, but I love envisioning you all trying to figure out what to share. Again, we are humbled and honored that you are taking the time to play along with us.

3) I'm told that Kentucky and Illinois have been sent and must be lost in the mail. This makes us sad.

4) We could really use some help in Utah, the Dakotas, Vermont and Delaware. Doesn't anyone know anyone who lives there?

Thanks again, keep those cards coming! I don't think I really believed we could get to 50, but now that we're so close, it must be done! :)

-by Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment